Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett

by - 12:00 PM


Title: Alex, Approximately
Author: Jenn Bennett
Published: April 4th, 2017
Pages: 388
Goodreads Rating: 4.01
My Rating: 5.00

Quick synopsis: Bailey (@Mink) has been talking (and flirting) with Alex online for quite some time now, and he happens to live in the same town as her newly divorced father. When things get rough at home with Bailey's mom, she decides to pick up and move to California to live with her dad...without telling Alex...

Bailey makes it her mission that summer to find Alex (without him finding her first), but her new rude and conceited co-worker, Porter, gets in the way. But what Bailey doesn't know is that Alex is Porter.

Would I recommend?: Yes, Yes, and....Yes!

Why?: I liked this a lot more than I thought I would. (I seem to be saying that a lot lately...) I knew going into it that it was a "You Got Mail" retelling, which is great and all, but I wasn't expecting anything show stopping. But boy did this book deliver. My favorite contemporaries are ones that have romance (check), drama (double check), and real-life issues (triple check). It was impossible to NOT love this. Trust me.

I will say that I freaking DESPISED everything that went down towards the end....it was completely unnecessary to the plot and solution in my opinion. Definitely did NOT need to happen, nor did it even add anything. But I can amazingly look past that because that's how much I loved this book.

I love Porter. I love Grace. I love Bailey. I love her Dad. I love literally every single character in this book. Like...Holy character development. Jenn Bennett put SO MUCH into one (relatively small) book. That is SKILL.

Now, I have read this AFTER reading Starry Eyes, which I gave 4 stars, and i'm SO glad I read these in the order I did. If I had read Starry Eyes after this, I probably would have been SEVERELY disappointing with it.

You May Also Like

0 comments