Love & Luck by Jenna Evans Welch

by - 12:00 PM


Title: Love & Luck
Author: Jenna Evans Welch
Published: May 8th, 2018
Pages: 320
Goodreads Rating: 4.07
My Rating: 2.00

Quick synopsis: Addie and her family are visiting Ireland for her Aunt's wedding. Plans are that Addie and her brother, Ian, will go visit Addie's friend in Italy after the wedding while the rest of the family tour Ireland with the wedding party. Ian and Addie meet up with Ian's Irish friend, Rowan, and a missed flight to Italy leads to a road trip across Ireland with her brother and his friend. All of this while Addie is trying to mend her broken heart as well as her relationship with Ian.

Would I recommend?: No...but maybe?
Why?: So. I'm struggling on what to rate this one. I REALLY did NOT like this book. It was a major let down after reading Love & Gelato two years ago. I waited 2 years for this book...2 years and then was majorly let down. 

I will blame myself on this one since I did not read the book description (I don't tend to with contemporaries) and instead just made assumptions that it would be similar to how Love & Gelato was...because that only makes sense to me. So please keep that in mind when reading the remainder of my review: 

So, first off, there's NO love interest. This book is about a girl getting over a 3 month "fling" with her brother's dumb friend while also fighting CONSTANTLY with her brother. Then the ending? What........? I've never been so confused in my life. A ritual? The entire thing was so cringe worthy and completely unrealistic. *shudder*

And finally, Addie was a supposed "mechanic"....can I just say that MOST of her diagnoses were incorrect? I get that most readers probably wouldn't know the difference, but i'm sorry, my husband works on his own trucks. I'm well aware that a car can 100% function after losing a tail pipe.

HOWEVER. I really cannot give this book just 1 star...because it wasn't THAT bad, it was just frustrating given I waited TWO YEARS for this. I'm just incredibly disappointed...but it DID have some good parts...just very little. I mean, I really do enjoy Jenna Evans Welch's writing...I was just not a fan of this story.

That being said, if you're up for a contemporary about a girl getting over "heartbreak" and mending her relationship with her brother? Then you will probably love this. Going into this book thinking it will be on par with "Love & Gelato," you've been warned.

You May Also Like

0 comments