There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins

by - 7:31 PM


You know, I heard so many bad reviews about this book, and I’m genuinely curious if it’s because they physically read it instead of listening to the audiobook. The audiobook was narrated by the same narrator of THUG (which was epic by the way and you also should read if you haven’t already) and was therefore AMAZING. If anyone says that narration isn’t a skill or an art, they’re wrong. This book was actually much scarier than I thought it was going to be! It was gory and creepy and very clever. There were actually parts I couldn’t listen to because it was just too disturbing.

I will say it’s strange that basically a romance novel was combined with an ‘80s horror flick, but it surprisingly came out really well done. The writing made it easy enough to get through quite fast and I found it quite gripping and leaving me wanting more.

However, I will say there were some unrealistic parts to this story, along with some holes. Some of the characters did not seem proportionally scared for how many students were being murdered...it just didn’t make sense to me. Then there was the ending, which...just kind of ended. And that was it. I wish we had seen more into the murderer's mind and motive, because I was left wanting to know more about why he was doing this.

You May Also Like

0 comments