September Wrap-Up

by - 12:00 PM

Book Count: 5

Pages Count: 1,859

Star Count: 23/25

There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins

You know, I heard so many bad reviews about this book. I heard that it was cheesy and like a 1980's horror film...aka lame. This book was actually much scarier than I thought it was going to be! It was gory and creepy and very clever. There were actually parts I couldn’t listen to because it was just too disturbing.

I wrote some more of my thoughts on this in a full review, so if you want to read more, click here!

 A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro

This was a really cute continuation of Sherlock Holme's legacy, but it was too forced for me to really enjoy it. I love the concept of Sherlock and Watson's great-great-great grandchildren befriending one another and developing a relationship, but it just seemed so far fetched that it was almost cringe worthy. 

I thought the writing was quite good, and the character development wasn't bad, but the interaction between both Charlotte and Jamie was very strange.  It was incredibly awkward to read their conversations...it was like reading pre-pubescent Sherlock Holmes, which I imagine would sound a lot like Charlotte. I wanted to see more of their backstories, learn more about their families. 

Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo

OH MY GOD I LOVED THIS BOOK. I was by NO MEANS expecting to love this book as much as I did. It was absolutely fantastic and is easily my favorite book of Leigh Bardugo’s...and that’s saying A LOT. The storyline was fantastic..constantly gripping and fun at the same time. Diana’s character was developed beautifully and I loved seeing her grow and come to understand the culture of modern civilization. I also loved each and every one of Diana’s companions - all had their own quirks and added their own element to the story.

This was absolutely fantastic. I can’t say enough about it.

 Sparks of Light by Janet B. Taylor

I was NOT disappointed with the sequel to “Into the Dim!” This was fantastic. Historical fiction mixed with some sci-fi and some romance and UGH it’s just SO GOOD!

This time they travel back to Victorian New York. Things are going swimmingly until Hope is kidnapped and admitted to a psych ward (yeah...psych wards prior to like...the 1990s...not fun times.) This made for a majorly cringe worthy, sitting on the edge of your seat story which I loved! I cannot think of one negative thing about this book...I’m trying, I really am.

*note* I HIGHLY recommend listening to the audiobook, especially with the Scottish accents. I’m in love!

 The Dazzling Heights by Katharine McGee


Anyone who follows me Insta KNOWS how obsessed I am with this series and this world. The sequel to The Thousandth Floor in no way disappointed! This series is Gossip Girl set in the future, If you like either, you need to read this. There’s drama, mystery, romance, and friendship all rolled into one. Whatever you’re looking for, I guarantee you’ll find it in this book.

You May Also Like

0 comments