Finding You by Lydia Albano

by - 12:42 PM

I’m not sure what my overall thoughts about this book are. From the first page of this, I was HOOKED. Albano did not beat around the bush with any unnecessary details or background stories. She jumped right into the story which I LOVED.


This is quite difficult to read considering it involves a sex trade, rape, and kidnapped women. But regardless, it was fantastically written...up until ¾ of the way through the book.

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD*

Once the original conflict had been solved, the book kept GOING. And I’m still not sure why. I feel like it could’ve ended, with short stories on where and what the girls would be doing post-kidnapping. But instead, it took a strange turn, towards a rebellion camp? This whole part just did not make sense to me. It seemed forced and extra and it was a struggle to get through. It was almost as if I was reading two completely different books in one. What happened to the “on-the-edge-of-your-seat” writing?


And then even when they went to this camp, It bothers me that they thought the leader would even help them. He's a man in power who is well aware of what is going on and a little sex trade is hardly at the top of his concerns. And his solution? How could he be THAT stupid to think that it wouldn’t fail and go awry. *eye roll* And finally, the heist as the end seemed WAY too easy and anticlimactic... It lasted all of two seconds. Just strange.


So....what happens in the end? Tam and Isla are together? What happened with Lillian and Des? And what? They're gonna go take down a whole brothel operation? WHAT? it's not even a cliff hanger... it's just so much unanswered. Like yay for romance but WHAT HAPPENS? The book was all about badass women and then the ending basically just focused on Tam and Islas relationship. Consider me confused and frustrated.


Overall though, I truly did enjoy this book. There are very few books that can grip me and pull me completely out of my current world and dump me into theirs. I highly recommend this for anyone who is looking for an adventure full of girl power and pure badassness.

You May Also Like

0 comments