June Wrap-Up

by - 6:16 PM


Book Count: 5
Pages Count: 1,897
Star Count: 21/25

Overall,  a decent reading month for me! Collectively, I read 5 books, all yielding a total of 21/25 Stars.  

First up, I read Right Behind You, a murder mystery involving two siblings who were separated after a massive family abuse case. Except now, the older brother is on the loose after murdering two people at the town's gas station, with the intention of finding his long-lost little sister. 

I gave this 5-Stars. It's a must read!

Next up, I read Midnight at the Electric, a historical/futuristic novel about the ties between three women across three time periods. 

I gave this 5-Stars for being like nothing i've ever read before! 

Third, I read Once and For All, a highly anticipated Sarah Dessen novel about a teenage girl finding herself again after a bad breakup. Through her mother's wedding planning business, she meets a boy who tests her and opens her eyes to the world. 

I gave this 4-Stars because Sarah Dessen is a goddess and knows how to pull all of the feel cords. 

Then there was Our Dark Duet, the sequel to This Savage Song, a book that I gave 4-Stars. This series is about monsters attempting to live among humans. It works for a while with a business tyrant, but quickly falls apart when two teens meet; ones a monster, ones the business tyrant's daughter. This concept could have been executed incredibly, but sadly the sequel to this was awful. I couldn't wait for it to be over. It lacked excitement, character development, and the plot was just lacking substance. 

Overall, I gave this book 2-Stars. 

Finally, I read Bad Romance, a contemporary romance turned drama. This book was fantastic because it started off seeming like a nice love story, but things soon turned dark. In what became an abusive relationship, we see what it's like to be the abusee; a perspective that I think is highly needed in society today. I feel that this is a book that everyone needs to read, to at least understand difficult situations such as these, and how to help these people. Because sometimes, the obvious choice is not the easiest. 

Overall, I gave this 5-Stars because it's an essential book that everyone needs to read. Now. 


You May Also Like

0 comments