My Lady Jane

by - 4:19 PM




What's it about? 

"Lady Jane Grey, sixteen, is about to be married to a total stranger—and caught up in an insidious plot to rob her cousin, King Edward, of his throne. But that’s the least of Jane’s problems. She’s about to become Queen of England.

Like that could go wrong." 


- Goodreads Synopsis

My Thoughts:

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I absolutely ADORED this book. First off, you must listen to the audiobook. Trust me on this one. Second, the writing, the humor, everything about My Lady Jane was absolute perfection! I have not read such a wonderfully written book that made me laugh and smile in such a long time. 

I know that this book is getting lots of recognition this month because I saw that it was included in not one, but two monthly book subscription boxes! Rightly so, this book needs to be on everyone's shelves. It's absolutely beautiful. Now, let me tell you why. 

This book is told by "narrators" who at the very beginning tell you outright that they changed the story of history to make it more interesting just because they wanted to. They put a fantastic fantasy spin on the history while still managing to keep some parts of history completely factual! Because of this change in history and the perspective of the humorous narrator, I constantly found myself laughing. Want proof? Go read the prologue to this book. It's 3 pages. It'll take you a maximum of 5 minutes. Go ahead. I'll wait. 

See what I mean? 

The characters were so bloody fantastic with all their different flaws and adventures! I loved being able to see inside these supposed royals and to listen to their ridiculous thoughts! Yes, that part is clearly fiction, but just picturing a king in the 1500's worrying about if he was ever going to kiss a pretty girl? First world problems, for sure. 

The plot was very fast paced and never left the reader bored, there was no filler, only comedic bits, and I find this added even more to the character's development and made the reader love those characters even more. I think I truly loved this book because these three authors managed to modernize history from 1550, and it absolutely worked. These three women are brilliant and deserve all the recognition and love for this book as I am giving it right now. 

I gave My Lady Jane 5 wonderfully beautiful shiny stars!

This book, is my new favorite. I shall worship it forever. 

You May Also Like

0 comments