Don't You Cry

by - 10:03 AM

What's it about? 


"In downtown Chicago, a young woman named Esther Vaughan disappears from her apartment without a trace. A haunting letter addressed to My Dearest is found among her possessions, leaving her friend and roommate Quinn Collins to wonder where Esther is and whether or not she's the person Quinn thought she knew. 

Meanwhile, in a small Michigan harbor town an hour outside Chicago, a mysterious woman appears in the quiet coffee shop where eighteen-year-old Alex Gallo works as a dishwasher. He is immediately drawn to her charm and beauty, but what starts as an innocent crush quickly spirals into something far more dark and sinister than he ever expected.  

As Quinn searches for answers about Esther, and Alex is drawn further under Pearl's spell, master of suspense Mary Kubica takes readers on a taut and twisted thrill ride that builds to a stunning conclusion and shows that no matter how fast and far we run, the past always catches up with us in the end." - Goodreads Synopsis

My Thoughts (Spoilers!) : 

So, I had really high expectations for this book because I freaking loved The Good Girl. I knew that it wasn't going to be the same plot or anything, but it's almost as if the writing and the way the plot unfolded was completely different from "The Good Girl". 

Don't get me wrong, it was still a good book, but there were things that just really irked me about it that are still bothering me even after I put the book down. 

Why the hey was Quinn so damn oblivious? She literally thought of the storage space WAY BEFORE the 5 day mark. That just really bothered me because if she had freaking used her brain she would've gone there when she thought about it. Find some bolt cutters or something, I don't know! 

The whole ending was really good and creepy as fudge, but it was the only part that was actually exciting. I found the entire beginning and middle to be very lack luster and boring. 

I know I was wrong to expect another The Good Girl, but I just so desperately wanted another fantastic crime novel like that again!

I gave Dont You Cry 3 stars. 



You May Also Like

0 comments