A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

by - 3:00 PM

My Thoughts:

I’m not even quite sure HOW to summarize such an epic story into a very small paragraph, but i’ll give it a whirl:
Basically, Feyre and The Night Court have to round up troops to save their lands against an evil King, but everyone is being difficult as hell to deal with, so there’s that. New bonds are formed, old ones are broken. People die and people live.
How was that?

This book was absolutely fantastic, as expected. I mean, there's a billion pages of Feyre and her friends...what's not to love? Sarah J. Maas still has yet to disappoint me. She is one of those writers who can seamlessly create a world that can whisk you away from all your problems.

Storyline:

I will say that I did not love this book as much as I did ACOMAF. That being said though, ACOMAF was a difficult book to follow. I think Maas was under a lot of pressure to make it even better than ACOMAF but also to write the conclusion to the series and wrap up the entire story of Feyre. 

I just don't think there was enough "umf" in ACOWAR. It was a lot of fighting, a lot of war, and not enough interaction between characters. I love books where there's significant character development throughout the book, and the only characters who actually evolved here was Elaine and Nesta. 

I mean, Rhys and Feyre are finally married! Yet we see very little of their married life...(yes, granted they are at war, but still.) Let's all be honest here, that's what we all came for. Rhys and Feyre. 

It's important to note that even though there were these little complaints, I still give this book a 5/5 star review, because how can you not? This world is everything and Sarah J. Maas knows exactly what her readers want. 

But regardless, it was fantastic. I am more than devastated to see this series come to an end because this world brought me so much happiness. Feyre and her whirlwind of a life is everything I could dream of. 

I cannot wait for her next series. 



You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I have wanted to read this forever. I love your photo :) and great review! New twitter follower :)

    ReplyDelete