Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave

by - 3:00 PM


My Thoughts:

Unfortunately one of my least favorite historical fiction reads. I did not have any problems with the historical accuracy, but more so the realism. For example, there is one scene where a German is detained and two soldiers are trying to kill him, so to start they put one bullet to his chest; he’s still breathing and talking. Two more bullets to the chest; he’s still breathing. Two more to the chest; he’s still breathing. Ok, one more bullet; German dies. Now, I’m not trying to claim that I have a broad understanding on ballistics by any means, but this scene was dragged out immensely for something that seemed so over the top and unrealistic.

Storyline:

Set during the onset of World War II, following four different characters and how their lives intertwine  with each other. One is a soldier, one is a teacher, one is a supervisor.


You May Also Like

0 comments