Archenemies by Marissa Meyer

by - 7:12 AM


Title: Archenemies
Author: Marissa Meyer
Published: November 6th, 2018
Pages: 560

Quick synopsis: In Renegades, Nova and Adrian (aka Insomnia and Sketch) fought the battle of their lives against the Anarchist known as the Detonator. It was a short-lived victory. The Anarchists still have a secret weapon, one that Nova believes will protect her. The Renegades also have a strategy for overpowering the Anarchists, but both Nova and Adrian understand that it could mean the end of Gatlon City - and the world - as they know it.

Goodreads Rating: 4.2
My Rating: 4.75

Would I recommend?: ABSOLUTELY

Why?: This book gave me everything I've been waiting a year for and more. 

The plot and story line was epic, which is no surprise coming from Marissa Meyer. In a way, I really enjoyed how subtle the development was because when the climax finally occurred, it hit you like a brick wall since you were already so invested in the story line.

The ONLY issue I had with it was that due to the development being so slow in the beginning, the character development in turn was also slow, especially for Nova and Adrian. I feel like no value had been added to their characters until the book was almost over. Their relationship in general has been like the wheel-of-death on a Macbook...you're just waiting for SOMETHING to happen. Thankfully, something did this time. ;)

I won't say much more about how the story unfolded since I don't want to give away any spoilers if you haven't read the first (which you totally should...)

Overall, this book was an epic sequel to one of my favorites and is definitely something everyone and anyone should be picking up on November 6.

Thank you to MacMillan Publishers for providing me with an Advanced Readers Copy of this book.

You May Also Like

0 comments