My Plain Jane by Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, and Jodi Meadows

by - 12:00 PM

Title: My Plain Jane
Author: Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, and Jodi Meadows
Published: June 26th, 2018
Pages: 464

Quick synopsis: A comical retelling of Jane Eyre. You may think you know the story, but you don’t. After a miserable childhood, penniless orphan Jane Eyre embarks on a new life as a governess at Thornfield Hall. However, a certain gentleman is hiding more than skeletons in his closets, and one orphan Jane Eyre, aspiring author Charlotte Brontë, and supernatural investigator Alexander Blackwood are about to be drawn together on the most epic ghost hunt this side of Wuthering Heights.

Goodreads Rating: 3.89
My Rating: 3.50

Would I recommend?: Yes
Why?: I want to start out by saying the only reason I didn’t give this a higher rating was because I had such high expectations after reading My Lady Jane, and this just did not meet them. And yes, maybe that was unfair, but I absolutely LOVED My Lady Jane and I waited TWO YEARS for this book.

But regardless, it was a fun and comical YA read. As expected, these three ladies did a great job writing in a historical setting, incorporating famous stories, while also making it their own.

As some of you may know, I’m a major sucker for anything set in England, especially when it’s set in the 1800s.

You May Also Like

0 comments