Catwoman: Soulstealer (DC Icons #3) by Sarah J. Maas

by - 12:00 PM


Title: Catwoman: Soulstealer
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Published: August 7th, 2018
Pages: 384

Quick synopsis: We meet Selina in Gotham City, taking care of her little sister who has cystic fibrosis while her mother is passed out on the streets doing drugs. When protective services takes Maggie away, Selina makes a deal to join The League, as long as Maggie is put in a good home with loving parents. Two years later, she's back - not as Selina...but Catwoman.

Goodreads Rating: 4.16
My Rating: 4.00

Would I recommend?: Yup! I love this series.

Why?: I loved the backstory of Catwoman! It has been my favorite part of all three stories so far, but this one was intense. Gangs, disease, drugs, violence, custody issues...it's a lot to take in. But it also helps you understand why Catwoman is the way she is. I always understood her as "the kinda-not-really villain"...she was bad but also good. Sarah J. Maas shows you exactly why.

The storyline wasn't as gripping as I had hoped it would be, considering it was written by SJM and she usually kills it with storylines. But unfortunately I could never get FULLY into it. But I think that's my fault because I'm still waiting for these books to be better than Wonderwoman, which is by far my favorite in this whole series. STILL.

My only true complaint was the relationship between Catwoman and Batwing...didn't Catwoman have a thing with Batman....not Batwing? Because I would've LOVED to see a crossover between Marie Lu's Batman and Sarah J Maas' Catwoman. Oh man. That would be epic.

You May Also Like

0 comments