Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

by - 12:00 PM

What's it about?

"Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.

Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world."


My Thoughts:

I'm going to keep this review short and sweet as I'm not even really sure what my entire thoughts are on it...
I'm confused because of two things: 
  1. I BLEW through this book. It had absolutely NO CHANCE at lasting more than a week. I couldn't put it down.
  2. There was nothing AMAZING about this book, other than the unusual setting and plot.  Otherwise, it was just another historical fiction YA book.

That being said, I gave this book 3/5 stars for what I can assume is because of the fantastic writing, but also for the lackluster storyline.

Characters:

Audrey was a major badass. I loved her character so much because she didn't listen to anything a man told her to do, which in 1888 was practically a freaking sin. *Eye roll* Her confidence never got ahead of her to the point where it was her own downfall, but she also wasn't a baby complaining about how incompetent she was or how oppressed she was by men.

Thomas: I couldn't get over his conceited attitude as it just kept reminding me of someone I very much disliked...And that just ruined it for me. His character development seemed far fetched to me only because he went from loving himself, to being head over heels for Audrey. Realistically, it didn't make sense.

You May Also Like

0 comments