Two Can Keep A Secret by Karen M. McManus

by - 12:00 PM


Title: Two Can Keep A Secret
Author: Karen M. McManus
Published: January 8th, 2019
Pages: 336

Synopsis: Echo Ridge is small-town America. Ellery's never been there, but she's heard all about it. Her aunt went missing there at age seventeen. And only five years ago, a homecoming queen put the town on the map when she was killed. Now Ellery has to move there to live with a grandmother she barely knows.

The town is picture-perfect, but it's hiding secrets. And before school even begins for Ellery, someone's declared open season on homecoming, promising to make it as dangerous as it was five years ago. Then, almost as if to prove it, another girl goes missing.

Goodreads Rating: 4.03
My Rating: 4.75

Would I recommend?: If you’re into mystery-thrillers at all, definitely.
Why?: This whole mystery-thriller YA genre is seriously killing it lately. It’s combining my two favorite genres into one and I’m all about it.

I was skeptical on how this was going to follow One Of Us Is Lying since it was one of the best books of 2017 (and it's currently at week 77 on the NYT bestsellers list for YA Hardcover). Amazingly, I actually have to say I enjoyed Two Can Keep A Secret more. I enjoyed the characters a lot more as there was definitely more character development. On top of that, the plot/storyline was better planned and executed.

I don't have anything negative to say about it actually, other than wanting MORE from the falling action and resolution. There could have been more of an explanation to why the murderer did what they did, because it seemed more like "Yup, I killed them. The End." Like...oh....oh okay.

Overall though, this was a fantastic read, and definitely a strong follower to One Of Us Is Lying. 



You May Also Like

0 comments