The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

by - 11:36 AM


Genre: YA Fantasy
Pages: 384
Average Goodreads Rating: 4.24 stars

"Jude was seven when her parents were murdered and she and her two sisters were stolen away to live in the treacherous High Court of Faerie. Ten years later, Jude wants nothing more than to belong there, despite her mortality. But many of the fey despise humans...especially Prince Cardan, the youngest and wickedest son of the High King. Jude’s dream is to be one of the King’s knights, but in order to do so, she must first prove herself as a royal spy.  She becomes embroiled in palace intrigues and deceptions, but as civil war threatens to drown the Courts of Faerie in violence, Jude will need to risk her life in a dangerous alliance to save her sisters, and Faerie itself." - Goodreads


This story was phenomenal. It’s very rare that I become obsessed with a story, where I spend hours during the day just thinking about it, and that’s exactly what I did with The Cruel Prince. I heard about this story because someone had related it to ACOTAR, but to be honest, other than there being Fae involved, it’s not related at all. This was another book that I was not expecting to like, since in all honesty, i’m not a massive fantasy person. But this? Oh my goodness. I feel like ANYONE would love this book. It honestly has something for everyone. The action, fantasy, love, family, and villains.

Part of this takes place in “the real world” as well as the “fey world” and I loved Holly Black’s take on the two worlds and how they collide. I’m trying to think about something that I did not like about this book, and absolutely nothing comes to mind. Overall, I loved the writing, I loved the characters and how they developed, I loved the worlds, and I loved the plot and storyline. I loved it ALL.

You May Also Like

0 comments