Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4)

by - 11:38 AM


What's it about?


"Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she’s at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past…


She has embraced her identity as Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen. But before she can reclaim her throne, she must fight.


She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die for her. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen’s triumphant return.


The fourth volume in the New York Times bestselling series continues Celaena’s epic journey and builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world" - Goodreads Synopsis


My thoughts:



I was very worried I wasn't going to enjoy this as much as I did. I gave Heir of Fire only 3 stars because I found it quite boring. However, this book did redeem itself. I think I was able to enjoy this because all original characters were back together again. Not to mention, I finally understood the purpose of Manon and her story. Because forever I just did not see her purpose. Not even remotely.

So. For why I love this book: I love how Sarah J Maas wrote Aelin's character. I love how freaking MORE badass she is now, not to mention how brilliant she is. Major girl power. She 100% is always on top of her game and coming up with the next best plan. I loved the mind games she played with people to get what she wanted. If anyone wants a symbol of girl empowerment, look no further. This woman is seriously bad. ass.

Ok. Here comes the explanation for only 4 stars.


The name change. I will never STOP being confused about this. She will always be Celaena to me. I just wish Sarah J Maas had done without a permanent name change because boy does it screw me up. I get so lost trying to keep up with character's names throughout the MASSIVE story, and changing the main character's name did not help me keep everything straight in my head. Yes, I understand why it happened and why it was significant, but I could just not wrap my head around it.

But honestly, that's such a minor negative to this book that it really does deserve 5 stars. But I'd be lying if I said the permanent name change didn't irk me a bit.


Overall, I give Queen of Shadows 4 fiery stars.


Next stop: EMPIRE OF STORMS!

You May Also Like

0 comments